How to Contact Us
The Peer Bulletin
Search the Literature
Find a Mentor
Be a Mentor
Ask a Mentor
Our Mentor Articles
Search the Literature
Our Mentor Seminars
Mentor Service Links
List a Mentor Service
About Peer Assistance
Join Our Network
Our Peer Articles
The Peer Journal
Search the Literature
Information Management and Protection
Peer Resources has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to the safe, secure, and responsible handling of information provided by visitors to our web site. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for our website.
A visitor's IP address is used to gather broad demographic information. We do not attempt to identify any individual, but we do appreciate any information a visitor decides to leave. Such information can assist us in improving our site.
Our site's seminar or workshop registration forms require users to give us contact information (like their name and email address). We use customer contact information from these forms to send the user information about our company and details about our training events.
The customer's contact information is also used to contact the visitor when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings. (See the choice/opt-out section below.) Financial information that is collected is used to bill the user for products and services.
Under no circumstances do we forward or provide any information visitors supply to any other organization, regardless of their intention or purpose. We do not sell or distribute in any way any of the information collected on our site.
Our site contains an extensive number of links to other sites. Peer Resources is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites, but we respond swiftly when visitors inform us of the misuse of information on sites we link to.
Types of E-mail We Send to Clients
1. Confirmations that we have received your email, order, request, or question.
3. One of our other non-commercial, free newsletters (The Coaching News, Mentorship News, or Peer News) sent to non-members who have contacted us for information about coaching, mentoring or peer support. These publications are sent every 45-60 days. Each issue contains details on how to be removed from the mailing list.
4. Non-commercial news related to mentorship, peer assistance, or coaching that typically has a time deadline such as a job announcement, funding announcement or special time-limited discount.
5. Reminders or updates related to previous email initiated by a client (task progress, website update, workshop or conference announcements, payment due dates, etc).
6. Networking information matching client interests with other client interests as initiated by clients. (Ex: A visitor asks a question we cannot at the time answer; later another client provides an answer to the same or similar question. We find a way to connect the two clients.)
7. Specific information regarding a request for information, referral, and resources initiated by a client directly or through one of our website forms. Typically these responses are non-commerical messages identifying resources, options, and referral sources.
Credit Card or Financial Information Protection
Our site uses an order form for customers to request information, products, and services. We collect visitor's contact information (like their email address) and financial information (like their account or credit card numbers). Contact information from the order form is used to send orders and information about our company to our customers.
Under no circumstances do we leave any credit card or financial information from any user on our server. Such information is absolutely secure and it is absolutely impossible for any person regardless of their knowledge of computers to obtain this information from our system.
In addition users have the choice of using our Secure Server option. When this option is chosen all information sent to us is encrypted (sent in an un-hackable code) so that regardless of the electronic route the information takes, it cannot be deciphered or decoded. When the Secure Server option is chosen, most browsers have a "lock" icon that will appear in the header, indicating a secure page.
When we confirm a person's use of credit card information, we do not include the credit card number or any other financial information in our reply e-mail. While we can be assured of our own security system, we do not always know what is in place at the client end.
The customer's contact information is also used to contact the visitor when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings. (See the choice/opt-out section below.) Financial information that is collected is used to bill the user for products and services. All financial information is kept on a secure system which cannot be accessed by hackers, supergeeks, or computer wizards. We do not distribute or make available any of this information to any other sources.
Our online surveys asks visitors for contact information (like their email address). We use contact data from our surveys to send the user information about our company. The customer's contact information is also used to contact the visitor when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings. (See the choice/opt-out section below.)
Security Measures to Protect Privacy
Choice/Opt-Out System to Protect Privacy
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us at the point where we request information about the visitor.
This site gives users the following options for removing their information from our database so that they will not receive future communications or no longer receive our services:
1. Send email to Rey Carr
2. Visit the following URL: www.peer.ca/peer.html
3. Send mail to the following postal address: 1052 Davie Street, Victoria, BC, V8S 4E3
4. Call the following telephone number: 1.250.480.9698
5. Fax: No Longer Available
Change or Modify Information to Protect Privacy
This site gives users the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided.
Contacting the Web Site Administrator to Protect Privacy
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact