To ask a mentoring expert a question, please complete the following form. You will receive a reply directly to your e-mail address. To increase the chances of gaining the kind of response you might want, review our list of Other Resources to determine if one of these might be a more appropriate source.
Note: this Ask a Mentor service is not available to persons using @hotmail or @yahoo email addresses. Only questions about mentoring will receive a reply. Requests for advice about personal relationships should consult other sources listed below.
Other Resources for Information
There are several other places available on the Internet where you can ask questions about relationships, difficulties, or concerns and gain credible answers or reactions. Some of the best are:
- Allexperts.com - Experts from more than 2300 categories respond to individual enquires.
- Live Answers from Keen.com - Answers to business questions and a variety of topics from the top experts and in many cases you can talk to the person live.
- Ask Me Help Desk - A community for questions on any topic answered for free by experts. To ask questions or participate in answering them you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to get free answers from experts in any of over 300 topics.
- Ask the Experts at YourOffice - Professionals are available to provide answers to a variety of business questions. Specific questions should be sent to the attention of the editor at email@example.com.
- Exp.com - Expert advice and services from persons who are screened and validated for degrees and licenses.
- Ask A Scientist - Volunteer scientists from around the world will respond to questions from K-12 teachers and their students.
- Leadership Development Center - Provides an Ask a Mentor e-mail service and also provides monthly tips on mentoring.
- Expert Central - Provides over 7,000 professionals and each has a resume listed.
- Kids Help Line - A 24-hour, bilingual telephone counselling service for children and youth. They can provide assistance for many of the concerns brought to mentors.
- TeenCentral.net - An opportunity for teens to have confidential discussions with other teens and experts. Responses typically provided within 24 hours from mental health professionals.
- MentorU.com Mentoring Network - A virtual mentoring community. Individuals can sign-up for mentoring from some of the leading experts and authors in motivation, business and goal achievement. The focus of the mentoring can be on personal growth, business development, technology, sales and marketing, making presentations, leadership or communications.
- V-Court - This site is a public forum to discuss problems and seek advice. It is suitable for teens and adults.
- Professonal Coaches for Career Development - A list of persons who are experts in helping indivduals with career questions. Most offer complimentary introductory sessions.
- ViaSource - Provides free, confidential consulting for small business owners, and includes a national network of local teams that provide business expertise.
- QueenDom.com - Ask for advice from qualified psychologists, therapists and counsellors as well as experts on sexuality. Take a number of different tests on communication style, personality or other qualities.
- If your concern is of a personal nature and you believe you need immediate assistance, one of the toll-free numbers listed here might be of value to you:
- Center for Substance Abuse Treatment: (800) 662-HELP
- Alcohol and Drug Helpine: (800) 821-4357
- Eating Disorders Awareness and Prevention: (800) 931-2237
- Gay and Lesbian National (US) Hotline: (888) 843-4564
- National (US) Runaway Switchboard: (800) 621-4000
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases National (US) Hotline: (800) 227-8922
- Naitonal (US) AIDS Hotline (800) 342-AIDS
- Suicide National (US) Hotline: (800) -SUICIDE
- Youth Crisis Line (800) 448-4663
- Childhelp USA (800) 422-4453
- Al-Anon Meeting Information: (888) 425-2666
Ask A Mentor was recognized as the Site of the Week by EmploymentSpot, acknowledged as the information sweetspot of the best employment-related resources on the web. The site features a high-utility selection of top resources for job seekers and employers with insightful editorial in one convenient, user-friendly spot. This Spot simplifies the search for job banks, salary and benefits information, resume- and job-posting opportunities, company profiles, internships, career information and more.